Sunday, June 12, 2011

18 weeks

Since my last post I had a prenatal check-up. You usually go at 8, 12, 16, 20 weeks, etc, but I was thrown off a week because of our trip to the Dominican Republic. I went to the doctor at 9, 13 and 17 weeks, but now I'll get back on track and go for our 20 week ultrasound.

The visits in the first trimester and up until the ultrasound are very quick and short, as long as there aren't any complications. I waited in the room for 20 minutes, and saw my nurse practioner for about five minutes. The best part of these visits is hearing the baby's heartbeat. It is nice and strong, about 160 beats per minute!

Here is a picture of the 18 week baby bump. I'm carrying kind of high...but I'm not believing any of those old wives tales about what that means. I've had friends who carried high and some were boys, some were girls. We'll find out in a few weeks if it is a boy girl, as long as the baby cooperates!

1 comment:

  1. You're so darn cute I can't even stand it! I can't wait to know what you're having! Miss you and hope to see you very soon!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete