Monday, September 8, 2014

One year old!

We officially have a one year old in our house again...and a walker!! William turned one on Saturday.  He really took off walking last week, a few days before his birthday. It is so adorable to watch him toddle around the room. He side steps to get around things, but can turn himself around. I'm sure in no time he will be running around all over.

William's party went really well! It was a jungle theme (pictures to come in a future post). The kids had fun playing in the new playhouse Jason and I gave to William for his birthday. The weather was gorgeous; we really lucked out! Everyone enjoyed hanging out outside. We ate, opened presents, and watched William devour the cake (he loved it!) outside. William is a lucky guy to have so many family members there for him and to receive such wonderful gifts. Thank you to everyone!

Nolan has still been having ups and downs with his attitude/moods. I'm thinking most of it is due to his age, jealousy over the attention William has been receiving for walking and also his birthday, and still learning to share. Today was a great day, so I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that he is turning a corner. I probably just jinxed myself by saying this though.

Cute things Nolan has said lately:
"Liam is my new brother! I love my new brother!" Nolan, you do know that Liam has been around for the last year, right?!

"This is my family" while hugging us.

At Target, in the checkout lane, trying to look down my shirt, "what is down there? That is your chest? That is where Liam nurses. I nurse down there. I was baby. Babies cry. I cry. Daddy nurse down there?" This is where I jumped in and clarified for everyone, "No!!!" Needless to say, I was dying!

When William is doing something Nolan doesn't want him to do "Liam wants to go over there now."

Words Liam has said: dada, mama (one time!), num num (once or twice), hi, bye bye (a few times), wa-wa (water - once), Ky Ky (Skye, my parents' dog), kee kee (keegy), ca ca (clap clap, said while clapping)

How William says he loves us... It's so cute!!! 


Oh what a year! :)


A walker!

Liam's got the moves like Jagger 

So big and clapping 


Nolan riding his trike 


William loved this song a month ago. He's over it now :)

Nolan's current favorite thing to do at Target 

Playing with William's new drum

Yay cake!

Happy birthday boy

He loves opening and closing the door





Nolan loves the playhouse too 

12 months! So bittersweet to reach this milestone. 

He's so goofy

Nolan's selfie 

Haircuts! Had to get rid of the mullet Liam was growing 

William did awesome - no tears, but he kept turning around as if to ask the lady, "who are you and what are you doing to me?!"


Nolan always hops in the pnp after William's naps. He likes to ask me to take a picture of them. So I do and then he refuses to look or smile. 

Cousins and BFFs 

Cousins and BFFs 

One last time at the splash pad. It was a good run! 

Love my boys 

Nolan loved he firehose 

My baby

Captain Nolan and Papa


No comments:

Post a Comment