Monday, September 22, 2014

More birthday celebrations

September is and will continue to be a busy month for our family. Half of our family members have birthdays in September. A little over a week after William's birthday, Jason celebrated his 35th birthday. We had cake batter pancakes (a-ma-zing!) for breakfast. Then my parents watched the boys (thank you!) so Jason and I could have a day date. We ate at Barbette and walked around Uptown a little bit. Then we went back to my parents' and played with Nolan at the park while Liam napped. It was a good day! Jason's present is tickets to Beatles Love cirque du soleil while we're in Vegas. I'm so excited!

The boys and I are enjoying our time at home. We go over to my parents' house once per week to hang out with Anika and Abigail and my mom. Those cousins love each other so much! Nolan always asks to go to Mamie's. We've also been filling up our time going to parks, taking long walks, running errands, and playing at home.

Nolan started swimming lessons a few weeks ago and he absolutely loves it! It's the kind where a parent stays in the water with their toddler. Nolan loves using the different swim toys, like a kick board, milk jug, ball, etc. He also isn't afraid to dunk! Brave guy. We're thinking of starting William in swimming lessons next spring. Nolan calls his lessons his "school". It is so adorable. As we were drying off after the first lesson, he happily said, "I need to bring my backpack to my cool (school)! " And after we grabbed some food that night he said, "I want to eat my lunch at my cool." I'm happy he is enjoying it so much! He starts a tumbling class tomorrow night, so hopefully he will love that, too.

William is on the go! He loves walking around everywhere. He's getting sturdier on his feet every day. He just needs to learn how to stand up on his own now, instead of using an object to pull himself up. He did very well at his 12 month well visit today. He is 29.5" (27%) and 20 lb 6 oz (31%). His height has been fluctuating, so I'm hoping it goes back up next visit (he was 51% at 9 months). Poor guy got 4 shots. :( Hopefully he won't have a reaction to them.

William has been trying to say more words and sounds. The other day he was trying to say cow. He kept making the "ca" sound. He also says "mmmmmmm!" for moo. Nolan is always saying things that crack us up. He is really into making friends. The last few times we went to the playground he made a friend to run around with (he told one of them he was 8....lol).

 The other day Jason was working on the car, I was putting Liam down for a nap, and Nolan was watching Rio on TV. A Boy Scout came to the door selling popcorn and Nolan talked to him through the screen and then ran and told me, "Mommy, I made a friend! I don't know his name!" Then ran back to the door. I quickly put William in the pack n play and ran to see what he was talking about. Nolan was already asking the boy what his name was and was telling him that the door was locked (while he tried to open it). It was really cute, but I did have a talk with Nolan about never opening the door, even for a nice boy. Only mommy and daddy open the door and he needs to tell us whenever anyone is at the door. I didn't get into stranger danger with him, because he isn't even 3 yet. But he is able to understand that he doesn't open the door, just Jason and I do. It was just so cute how excited he was, thinking he made a new friend.

Buzz Lightyear insisted on coming on our walk today :)

Nolan put himself to bed at 6! I woke him up after a few minutes. We hadn't had dinner yet

Halloween sneak peek

cutest Woody ever

I love when babies crouch 

Sharing his toothbrush 

Liam's ham face 

Heartbreaking look he is giving me. A cold and four shots.. :(

Barnyard Boogie in Edina 


Nolan had so much fun petting all the animals 



Nolan chose his fedora to go with his sweatpants look. That's questionable, Nolan.

Little bear

BFFs 

BFFs 

Fort fun 

He kills me 

Tough enough to ride a  pink trike 

Little stud

Happy birthday Jason! 

Helping daddy blow out candles 

Peekaboo! 


I've got another climber on my hands. Oh boy. 


Nolan drew a person! So proud of him 


Snuggles :)

Papa's hat is a tad big 

No comments:

Post a Comment