Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Spring or Winter?

It's a lovely winter we're having this spring. Not so much! The few days of spring weather we did have, we managed to get out and do spring activities. We went on walks with Keegan and broke out the swing, both of which Nolan absolutely loved! I can tell that we're going to spend the majority of this summer playing outside. A nice change from this dreadfully long winter we're having!

Over spring break we went to the zoo with Laurie and Abigail. Nolan wasn't too happy about being in the stroller, but it was busy there and I didn't want to chase after him the whole time. Jason wants to go with us next time, so we'll be able to let Nolan out of the stroller and Jason can chase him around. But Nolan loved the penguins, just like me! They were really fun to watch, swimming right by us over and over again. Nolan grinned and waved at them, pointed at them, and was just mesmerized by them. We went back for a second look before we left. It will be fun to go back this summer when we can see the outside animals. 

We had a great, but busy Easter. On Good Friday we went down to Jason's parents' (Keegan too!) and spent the night. All day Saturday Nolan had fun playing with Papa and Grandma and his cousins Blake and Brunson. We had a yummy lunch and opened Easter baskets. Nolan loved his Nemo swimming towel. I laid it out for him on the floor and he happily sat down on it. So cute!

On Sunday we went to brunch with my family. Nolan was so good the whole time! He happily waved at everyone at the table over and over again and ate a ton of food. He looked so adorable in his cardigan/bow tie/dress coat. Nolan's entered a stage/phase where he absolutely hates to have his picture taken, but he was a trooper. I do need to lay off the camera for a little bit though so he doesn't hate it forever! After brunch we went back to my parents' house for naps. Nolan had fun playing, dancing, and galloping around with Abigail and admiring "baby" (Anika). 

My check-up with baby #2 went well last week. The heartbeat was nice and strong and in the 150's. Next week I have my 20 week ultrasound! So hard to believe I'll be halfway through this pregnancy. It is flying by! Jason and I can't wait to see the baby on the screen. We aren't finding out this time (Jason's preference), so hopefully we don't see anything that gives the gender away and hopefully the ultrasound tech doesn't slip and say he/she (that happened to our friends who didn't want to find out). I've been feeling lots of flutters from the baby, which is really fun. 

I have a few videos of Nolan on my phone that I need to upload. Look for those soon!


Jason and Keegan getting some good use out of my pregnancy pillow!

Nolan LOVES to look at his baby pictures!

New shades! Cool dude

awesome 24/7

Loving running around outside

One of my favorites!!! So happy to be swinging again

So happy Dada is home!

Looking dapper on Easter

Love this little coat!

He was actually being gentle with Abigail's hair :)

Pointing out the penguins

17 weeks, 4 days here

happy boy doing puzzles

No comments:

Post a Comment