Friday, May 9, 2014

2.5 years old/8 months old

That's how old our boys are! Hard to believe.. I know I say that every post, but I can't believe how fast time flies.

William is now an expert crawler, reminding us that we need to make sure things are baby proofed. He already has made his way over to the outlets. Why are those so alluring to babies?! It's been a big couple of weeks for our Liam. Besides crawling, his first tooth just cut through today, he started babbling (saying the "ba" sound), he now is a pro at feeding himself (he still mostly prefers purées though) and he just started to pull himself to kneeling/standing! No wonder his sleep hasn't been as good these past few weeks. His mind/body is working overtime to meet all these milestones.

Liam is going through a mommy stage right now, sometimes getting upset if I leave a room or getting upset when he sees me enter a room if I've been gone for a bit. Even though he is in this mommy stage, it's obvious how much he loves his daddy. When Liam wakes up earlier than we want, I'll take him into bed with us. When it's time for Jason to get up and ready for work, William grins and lunges for him, wanting Jason to scoop him up. It's so sweet to watch!

William is also is acting shy when we see people sometimes, which is so cute. He grins at them and looks at them out of the corner of his eye and then turns and buries his face into my shoulder. Then he repeats it. So adorable! He also loves it when you tickle him, when you clap, and he loves playing patty cake. He is such a fun baby!

Nolan is a fun toddler. He is still having trouble napping, now thanks to the top two year molars. I'm hoping that the napping resumes once they are in. We all need him to nap!

Other than the napping issue, he is doing very well. Nolan is now 3' 2.25" (95th %) and 33 lb 10 oz (86th %). The boy definitely has his daddy's height! He is meeting all the developmental milestones that were on the checklist from the pediatrician. He's a healthy, active kid!

Nolan's favorite things right now are playing outside, going on walks, snuggling with me before bed, reading Little Critter or Biscuit books, doing puzzles and Legos, having tea parties with his kitchen set, and playing hide and seek. The boys also love to take baths together. It's so cute, they just look at each other and grin.

Nolan's latest sayings:

-he accidentally knocked books off a shelf : "Oh no! Daddy has a lot of books to pick up"
-he randomly looks at Claire (who helps babysit): "you're tall"
-Sitting next to Liam: "I'm tall"
-Jason and I were talking at dinner. Nolan all of a sudden says "he likes it!" We look over and he's spoon feeding William his applesauce.
-my mom checked on him during a nap: "I need fries"
-Going through Caribou drive through: "I had milk at home! I'll have nana bread, cake, more cake"
-I'm scolding Keegan for licking the dishwasher. Nolan walks into the kitchen and asks, "what's keegy doing now?"
-he watches me nursing William : "you're nursing Liam from your tummy?"

"Look at this!" 
Nice duck face, buddy! 

Having fun in the waiting room before his well-child check 

 
2.5 years old/8 months old 
(One of my favorite pictures of Nolan lately!)

Yes, you do need to nap, Nolan 

 
Pirate selfie

Keegan selfie 

 
Baseball shirts 

Mover and a shaker 

 
Wee!

Wee!

 
Buddies


First bath together!

Sharing a chair and coloring menu at Tavern on France


Fun day date with my little dude 

No comments:

Post a Comment