Monday, July 15, 2013

Summer lovin

Well, it's been awhile since I last posted! Summer time fun has taken over our time. I've been in more of a nesting stage lately, so instead of writing the blog I've been cleaning/organizing/planning. So since my last post...

Nolan has gotten a lot better. I ended up taking him to the doctor again, because he had a deep chest cough that just wouldn't go away. Poor guy. The doctor determined it wasn't pneumonia or bronchitis, just a chest cold that would clear up on it's own. It did, eventually, but I still think medicine would have helped it clear up faster. Anyway, at least he's healthy now! 

We've been busy outdoors a lot, taking long walks with Keegan, playing with Nolan's water table, his giraffe pool and going to the splash pad. Nolan hasn't been as into the splash pad as I thought he would. He isn't the biggest fan of water squirting in his face, but I'm not either, so I can't blame him! But the first time we went this summer Nolan ended up standing under a huge bucket of water that dumped on his head, then a minute later a 3 or 4 year old ran right into him and knocked him over. He was very unsure of the splash pad for the rest of that experience. But we've been back a few times since then and he is starting to warm up to it more and more.

Last week we went to the Richfield pool and played in the wading pool (the pool reaches 1 ft, 9 inches and has a huge play structure in the middle with fountains. Nolan was unsure at first, but once he got used to the cold water he loved it! He kicked and galloped in the water, and actually loved getting sprayed/splashed in the face by the fountains. At one point he slipped and fell underwater and I had to quickly grab him. I thought that might change his mind about the water, but he didn't care. I was so glad he liked it! Hopefully it will help him to like the splash pad more.

Cute new things Nolan does: grab a Kleenex, blow his nose (he's actually pretty good at it!) and throwing the Kleenex away, pretending to go "night night" and singing "toot toot toot", his goodnight song, asking "tha?" (that) when he wants to know what something is, saying, "at way?" and pointing in the direction he wants to go while we're on a walk, climbing into his high chair (we keep it closed so he can't do that anymore!), and giggling at my 2nd grade school picture (Jason jokingly put as his desktop background) and saying "Mama! Girl!" 

Meanwhile, I am 33 weeks along! I can't believe how soon the baby will be here. The baby is doing well, very active. I'm measuring right on and the heartbeat is great. I go back in 3 weeks for my next check-up. 

I'm sure there is a lot I'm forgetting to say. I'll try to post again soon!

Pictures in reverse chronological order


This is what happens when I forget to put the baby gate up to the kitchen while I blow dry my hair. As soon as I turned off my blow dryer I hear Nolan scold himself, "No, no, no!" I found him helping himself to ice cream he had taken out of the freezer. 

Waving at himself in the camera

Keegan using my boppy :)

Stop! It's hammer time! (sideways hammer time)

Enjoying a popsicle outside on a humid day

32 weeks with Nolan on the left, this baby on the right. same shirt. 

Nolan reading a book in his crib while I shower. 

Our little sparkler on the 4th of July

Little climber can climb into his stroller now. 

Practicing with a cup

Choosing a crayon color is serious business. 

Wet swimsuit in the swing. 

Nolan loves to touch the red balls outside of Target. He usually gets to do this multiple times a week because I can't seem to stay away. 

Nolan and Abigail being big kids eating at the table.

Sicky eyes :(

Nolan's worst day of his sickness - so miserable :(

Enjoying a mini popsicle

Keegan, beg? Never!

Nolan says, "Baby!" and kisses my tummy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment