Friday, July 8, 2011

4 months until my due date!

It's exactly four months until my due date! Only 5% of babies are actually born on their due dates though....We'll see what happens with this little guy!

While my fingers aren't really swollen, my ring hasn't been fitting well and I started to get nervous that it would get stuck. I'm kind of annoyed with myself because I wasn't happy with how the ring fit before I got pregnant (I thought it was too tight) and I should've had it resized back then, but I never did. The jeweler doesn't want to resize it now that I'm pregnant, of course. So we'll see how it fits after the baby is born my body goes back to normal. I didn't like the thought of not wearing a ring (when people notice I'm pregnant, especially older women, their eyes automatically glance at my ring finger) so Jason helped me pick out a pretty cubic zirconia ring. It actually looks a lot like my engagement ring, though not quite as pretty. :) 

After this hot 4th of July weekend my ankles did swell up quite a bit. I was on my feet a lot, outside in the heat/hot sun, and probably didn't hydrate myself as well as I should have. On Monday night after the fireworks I noticed my ankles felt tight and I had cankles. I immediately downed 2 glasses of water and sat down to elevate my feet. When I woke up the next morning my ankles looked like ankles again, not like cankles. My mom the nurse urged me to call my OB and report my swollen ankles, so I did. She told me just to rest, elevate my legs, and to drink water and if my ankles weren't normal by the end of the week to come in for an ultrasound. But they've been back to normal since Tuesday morning so no worries! Now I know to drink extra water when I'm in the sun.

Here's a 22 week picture of the bump:


Jason surprised me one night with a bottle of Fre Wine, an non-alcoholic wine that tastes pretty similar to real wine. It was fun to have a glass with dinner again!
                                                      mmmmm, wine

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe your due date is so close!!! I can't wait to meet baby winky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww that was so sweet of Jason!

    ReplyDelete